Trends in social media story telling
# About Connections & the need of storytelling
- We are all connected
- Some of us are more connected (They are called the influencers)
- We are connected across shared passions.
- Connections should lead to conversations
- Conversations lead to community
- Stories act as glue between people
# Trends in Story Telling
- Short Attention Spans
–> No whitepapers / But prefer Infographics
- Narrow Interest Graphics
–> We filter out the noise
- We want to discover solution to our problems (Serendipity). Discover something new.
- Community Creation
- Remix context, make the content share worthy and shareable to make it viral
- Emergent Storylines:
–> People are curating their own Facebook or Twitter
–> We are Creating Stories every day.
# Types of Stories:
Social Media Stories have to be powerful. They have to address a bigger problem.
The “Why?” story – shows the PURPOSE
The “What? story – shows the CHANGE
The “How?” story – shows the JOURNEY
Mr Gaurav – MSL