9 uncommon HTML tags which can give your website wings
Due to a plethora of JS and CSS frameworks the number of these files being loaded for a webpage can easily multiply if a conscious effort to limit these files is not done. If a functionality can be achieved by simply using HTML then it can give you many benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- Fast rendering in the client side due to reduced Dom size and easy decoding.
- Fast page loading due to reduced size of the file transfers.
- Fast page loading due to reduced number of the file transfers
- Ability to encode a page using minimum additional JS and CSS files. Eg: when a pure HTML page output is required
- Small page sizes can help you in in achieving better search engine rankings.
Various pure HTML tags provide a number of functionalities, which are often overlooked.
In this article we will cover 12 such HTML tags and their usage, to achieve web page Zen.
1. HTML <details> Tag
2. HTML <figcaption> Tag
3. HTML <hr> Tag
4. HTML <meter> Tag
5. HTML <nav> Tag
6. HTML <output> Tag
7. HTML <picture> Tag
8. HTML <progress> Tag
9. HTML <svg> Tag